You are the ideal candidate if you have a track record of building brand awareness, communicating differentiating value propositions and turning your company into a bold thought leader. You are a superbly articulate communicator, passionate leader and creative marketer. You have deep experience and measurable wins in B2C product marketing, content marketing, PR, social media and influencer relations.
Your mission is to serve as THE key leader in developing and implementing programs to build awareness and trust in our brand, working in close collaboration with our acquisition and PR teams. More specifically you will:
- Create and drive strategic messaging and positioning
- Inspire and direct content creation and messaging for product- and industry-related thought leadership via speaking, contributed articles, social media and PR
- Create, manage and scale loyalty, advocacy, referral and retention programs
- Develop comprehensive marketing communication programs to nurture freemium users into paid clients
- Provide sales enablement programs including tools, messaging, objection handling
- Perform competitive, win/loss analyses, client/prospect/buyer persona surveys to inform messaging, product offerings, service improvements and loyalty/retention/advocacy programs
- Identify counter-strategies to anticipate and contend with market and competitive trends in collaboration with sales, management, and product teams
- Create content for marketing collateral and sales materials; be the champion for Sales enablement.
- Master’s degree in business, PR, marketing, journalism or similar
- >8 years of B2C direct marketing in a high growth context; financial services a plus
- 2+ years experience in product marketing
- Deep understanding of the buying behavior for high consideration consumer purchases
- Demonstrated experience developing messaging, positioning statements, and value propositions
- Ability to influence and provide leadership at all levels across the organization
- Track record of sales enablement
- Ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data into actionable insights
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Superb attention to detail
Location: This position is located in San Francisco and San Carlos.
Personal Capital is a Silicon Valley financial technology firm that is designing and building the future of financial services, a multi-trillion dollar market opportunity. Privately owned, the company has raised $200 million in financing, has 250 employees, and is growing at 85% per year with 1.4 millions users tracking $300 billion in assets. The company provides digital wealth management for its clients and has $4.5 billion in assets under management.