Personal Capital is a Silicon Valley financial technology firm that is designing and building the future of financial services, a multi-trillion dollar market opportunity. Our mission is to create better financial lives through technology and people. Privately owned, the company has raised $200 million in financing, has 250 employees, and is growing at 85% per year with 1.4 millions users tracking $300 billion in assets. The company provides digital wealth management for its clients and has $4 billion in assets under management.
As the Marketing Automation Manager, you will execute, measure, and optimize marketing automation campaigns, database hygiene and segmentation, and Marketo/Salesforce.com processes. Reporting directly to the Director of Demand Generation, you will be supporting lead generation, content, and client marketing efforts by setting up end-to-end processes which include planning, execution, and deep-dive reporting of campaigns (including data analytics and metrics) for strategic decision-making.
You will primarily be focused on establishing best practices and processes in marketing automation, increasing efficiency in lead processes across the marketing & sales funnel. You are strategic, analytical, a great communicator and a well-rounded marketer who thrives in a fast-paced, get-things-done environment. You will have the opportunity to impact the full marketing ecosystem, and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Location: This position is based in San Francisco and San Carlos.
- Leverage platform such as Marketo or ExactTarget to manage outbound marketing programs and lead generation campaigns, drive insights for optimization opportunities, and analyze data and metrics to improve performance benchmarks.
- Uncover opportunities to optimize conversion points across the marketing and sales funnel.
- Deliver customized, targeted email communications to leads, prospects, and clients.
- Own and oversee database management, segmentation, list acquisition/import, data cleansing, web form capture, lead management etc.
- Collaborate with advertising, content, design teams to create integrated marketing campaigns.
- Manage affiliate marketing to maintain existing efficiency.
- Adopt industry best practices by actively exploring and implementing new features, functionality releases, advanced workflows, personalization, and innovative segmentations.
- Implement testing methodologies (e.g. A/B and multivariate testing) on all elements of the digital marketing mix to improve conversion rates (content, email templates, landing pages, list segmentation, call-to-actions, etc.) to optimize campaign results and inform strategic decisions.
- Partner with Sales and Advisor teams to improve sales enablement initiatives
- Adhere to corporate data standards in regards to sender identity, data governance, deliverability, email protocols, and quality assurance.
Qualifications for success:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in marketing or marketing operations
- 2-4 years hands-on, demonstrable experience working with industry tools and analytics packages including email, web analytics, CRM, and marketing automation platforms (ExactTarget and Marketo highly preferred), with knowledge of how cross-platform integrations impact data flows and campaign enablement.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills. You must be comfortable with data analysis and are able to use data to make recommendations and drive decisions.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of email best practices, innovation, and technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment; work collaboratively with cross-functional teams; and ensure high quality deliverables with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously.
- HTML and CSS coding experience highly preferred.