About us: Personal Capital is a Silicon Valley financial technology (“fintech”) firm that is designing and building the future of financial services, a multi-trillion dollar market opportunity. Our mission is to create better financial lives through technology and people. Privately owned, the company has raised $200 million in financing, has 250 employees, and is growing at 85% per year with 1.3 million users tracking $312 billion in assets. The company provides digital wealth management for its clients and has $4.2 billion in assets under management.
As Content & PR Associate, you will be a critical member of Personal Capital’s Content Team. You will support our content, communications, PR, social media and customer satisfaction programs. You will plan, write, edit, and measure effectiveness of content across multiple marketing channels. You are strategic, proactive, a great communicator and writer, and a creative marketer who thrives in a fast-paced, get-things-done environment. Joining a rapidly expanding marketing team, you will be exposed to all aspects of marketing and have the room to explore and grow into new roles with Personal Capital.
Location: This position is based in San Francisco and San Carlos.
- Content: Work with internal and external resources (freelancer writers, financial advisors, design/brand team, SEO agency, and PR agency) to write and edit various content forms, including (but not limited to) blog posts, long-form guides/white papers, web copy, ad copy, email, contributed articles, sales collateral, and various integrated content campaign components to support overall content marketing strategy and editorial calendar; help brainstorm content and content distribution methods that will work cross-channel to support marketing goals
- Organic social media: Implement ongoing organic social media strategy as content distribution channel, influencer engagement program, brand awareness channel, and community support channel (see below)
- Community support: Monitor and respond to customer support issues on social media channels, as well as monitor and respond to comments on blog
- PR support: Develop submissions for speaking and awards program; track and build an annual calendar of speaking and awards submissions
- Customer satisfaction program support: Work with customer satisfaction program manager to document, coordinate, and work cross functionally to launch customer satisfaction surveys
- Measurement: Measure success of content and organic social media campaigns
Qualifications for success
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in marketing, PR, social media, content, communications, or journalism
- Excellent writing skills required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment, work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, and ensure high quality deliverables with high attention to detail
- Strategic approach to to responsibilities and how they fit into larger marketing goals/initiatives
- Proactive approach; individual must be comfortable managing up, presenting new ideas and ensuring deadlines are met
- PR or marketing agency experience a plus
- Interest and/or experience in tech/fintech required
- Bachelor’s degree required