Personal Capital is looking for an experienced Desktop Administrator, to provide desktop/network support in a growing financial services company.
The primary responsibility will be to provide first line support for all inbound tickets to ~300 Windows and Mac users in a multi-site Active Directory based environment. You will need to build, setup, maintain, implement, and troubleshoot technology problems related to Windows and Mac systems that affect end-user productivity as well the network infrastructure including: phones, printers/scanners, video conference, etc.
The ability to multitask, prioritize, work under deadline, and provide excellent customer service to users will be key qualities. The right individual is detail-oriented, possesses solid technical skills, and is dedicated to maintaining up-to-date documentation. The hours for this position are primarily during weekday business hours, with some off-hours and weekend support including participation in the on-call rotation will be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide technical assistance for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Provide initial triage of inbound incidents gathering key incident details
- Receives, tags, images, configures and deploys workstations
- Provides desk-side orientations for new employees
- Maintain client system health by imaging, patching, upgrading, troubleshooting, and ongoing maintenance
- Work with third-party vendors to troubleshoot customer issues related to SAS products and to facilitate closure of issues with vendors
- Provide end user training as necessary ad-hoc, meetings, or as user documentation
- Maintain end user FAQdocumentation website
- Provide initial telephony troubleshooting
- Perform troubleshooting for LANWAN
- Maintain detailed helpdesk ticket notes as well as manage the helpdesk queue to ensure timely customer responseresolution.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS/ EDUCATION/ SPECIALIZED TRAINING:
- At least 2 years of experience as a Desktop Administrator
- Experience with Windows 7/10, Mac OSX.
- Active Directory user and group maintenance.
- Mac and PC hardware, printers, computer peripherals, and mobile devices (Android, iOS).
- Knowledge of client connectivity protocols (basic TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, DHCP, and DNS).
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of users.
PREFERRED SKILLS (NOT NECESSARILY REQUIRED):
- Experience automating tasks with scripting (e.g. PowerShell, WMI, ADSI, Perl, Python)
- Windows Deployment Services (WDS) and Windows Update Services (WUS)
- Experience with Google Apps
- Mac experience and Mac/Windows server systems interoperability
- Ability to learn quickly and tackle new and technically complex problems with courage and tenacity
- Must have demonstrated ability to assist with emerging problems quickly and with flexibility
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing needs and requirements
- Must be detail-oriented and be an organized thinker who is service-minded with strong communication & customer service skills
- Ability to lift 50lbs. as needed