Personal Capital is a Silicon Valley financial technology firm that is innovating the future of financial services. Our mission is to create better financial lives through cutting edge technology and highly personalized service. Privately owned, the company has raised more than $200 million in financing, has 250 employees, and is growing at 85% per year with 1.4 million users tracking $350 billion in assets. The company provides digital wealth management for its clients and has nearly $5 billion in assets under management.
As Marketing Program Manager, you will report to the Director of Marketing Communications and be responsible for driving referrals and additions, as well as integrating our broader marketing messages across a wide range of channels, including content marketing, affiliate relationships, social, PR, SEO, SEM, print, email, TV and radio, and even outdoor. This includes both coordination of current, ongoing campaigns, as well as envisioning new campaigns consistent with buyer persona learning and the firm’s key differentiators and value propositions.
You are an adept critical thinker, creative, analytical, and a strong team player. You’re also good at articulating complex ideas, persuading others, and championing your initiatives.
- Build, test, and scale a successful client referral program. This will involve working with service advisors to understand client personas, decision making-criteria, and key barriers. You will have latitude to test a wide range of incentives and solicitation methodologies.
- Drive a massive increase in client additions by improving our messaging—including email, in-product announcements, sales collateral, and advisor call scripts—as well as overseeing the corresponding client segmentation and targeting efforts necessary to effectively deliver these messages.
- Educate the firm’s sales and service advisors on our ongoing loyalty and retention programs, advocate for their usage, and work with the advisors to evolve and improve our campaigns over time.
- Collaborate with team members on how to improve and supplement current lead generation efforts, especially in nonpaid channels (i.e. content, email, SEO, social, and PR).
- Conceive of and execute highly creative integrated marketing campaigns.
- Recommend A/B tests for content messaging changes in all channels.
- Work with Director of Marketing Communications and channel managers to integrate core messaging from buyer persona learning into all messaging across various marketing channels.
- Build and maintain a content repository that can easily be accessed and navigated by both sales/service advisors and fellow Marketing teammates.
- Work with data analysts and marketing operations to create and distribute regular reporting on our current efforts, results, and upcoming priorities. This information will be used both to help improve Marketing team coordination and promote our efforts to sales/service advisors.
Qualifications for success:
- 6-8 years of marketing experience; B2C direct response experience preferred.
- Intimate knowledge of the buying preferences and behavioral patterns of HNW investors
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to interpret current reporting, spot flaws or shortcomings, suggest improvements, and design new reports from scratch
- Interpersonal savvy and ability to interact with and motivate a wide range of personalities in sales, service, product, data, and marketing channel functions
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fluid goals
- Willingness to travel between Bay Area and Denver (and potentially Dallas)
Please note, we have an office in San Francisco as well as San Carlos and this role is expected to work at both locations weekly.