About us: Personal Capital gives you the clarity and confidence to achieve your financial goals. Our free online tools combine all of your accounts in one place. A powerful dashboard provides deep insights and allows you to understand your total financial picture. Our expert advisors use these same tools to provide personalized wealth management that dynamically evolves with your changing life. As fiduciaries, we are legally bound to act in your best interest. With an emphasis on holistic planning, risk management, and after-tax returns, the focus is always
on total value. Transform how you track and manage your financial life with Personal Capital.
The Role: This is a rare ground floor opportunity for an investment advisory professional to contribute to the downtown Denver expansion of San Francisco based Personal Capital’s client service department.
The Financial Advisor works directly with Personal Capital’s investment clients by effectively communicating portfolio and market strategy, performing operational duties, and servicing clients through diligent and detailed follow up in a progressive thinking, technology focused environment.
Specific client facing duties include but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive relationship management through conventional communication methods as well as email, chat, and video conference.
- Act as liaison between clients and Investment Committee—communicate investment strategy and engage in portfolio, market, and economic dialogs.
- Facilitate all account and relationship operational requests using cutting-edge proprietary and third party technology solutions.
- All aspects of ongoing client service and retention.
Specific non-client facing duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide frequent and detailed client feedback to all members of the Personal Capital team.
- Assist in the development and documentation of long term service model and operational processes.
- Assist in the training of new Financial Advisor hires.
The ideal candidate will execute on standards that redefine the existing industry landscape, pushing the limitations of conventional boundaries through integration of technology and creative thinking.. They will embrace the ability to participate in an organization with a reputation for customer-centricity and long-term client relationships. The ideal candidate will be flexible, as their responsibilities could change as the model is further developed and refined.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Consumer-Direct Investment Advisory Sales and Service: End-to-end experience with all aspects of retail investment service, such as front-office operations, ongoing client suitability, product personalization/maintenance, as well as client service and retention.
- Experience with all areas of the client operations aspect of investment advisory. Examples: (Account Establishment, ACAT, IRA distributions, etc).
- Remote Delivery: Exposure to web-based investment service delivery. Comfortable executing a remote-delivery service model -- paperless, branchless, cloud-based infrastructure – and delivering a quality client experience that is better than face-to-face.
- Compliance: Proven abilities to maintain appropriate policies & procedures for regulatory-driven requirements. Possesses a clean U4 record.
- Expert, current knowledge of investment products and services.
- Exceptional verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Proven track record in relationship management and customer satisfaction
- The ability to compare and contrast the benefits and suitability of different investment options and products.
- Excellent operational, organizational and follow-up skills with the ability to manage and process complex operational work.
- Experience with client operational aspects of investment advisory. Examples: (ACAT, IRA distributions).
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and collaborative.
- Ability to work at the tactical and strategic level.
- Series 65 or equivalent required.
- Series 7, 63, and 66 certifications preferred.
Location: Downtown Denver