Personal Capital is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to support IT operations in our office locations, data centers and cloud infrastructures. In this role you will be responsible for the scoping, installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring and documentation of network, voice, server, storage and cloud infrastructure.
You will be in charge of maintaining many different systems, so the ability to multitask and prioritize, work under deadline, and provide excellent customer service to users will be key qualities. The right individual is detail-oriented, possesses solid technical skills, and is dedicated to maintaining up-to-date documentation. You should be the type of individual who is focused on providing solutions to problems instead of simple fixes.
The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation of network switching, routing, and firewall configuration in a multi-site environment. The candidate should be experienced in Windows infrastructure including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Radius, DFS, Backups, Powershell and fileprint sharing. The candidate will also have experience working with phone systems, network routingswitching, and SAAS cloud infrastructure. AWS networking, security, EC2, IAM and S3 experience is a plus.
- Network design, troubleshooting and monitoring. This includes switch, routing and firewall infrastructure
- Deploying, patching and the ongoing administration of Windows infrastructure (AD, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Radius)
- Maintain SSO infrastructure including addition of new SaaS applications
- Planning, design and implementation of redundant and highly available applications and services.
- Maintain backup of network systems, applications, configurations and storage systems.
- Design, implement and maintain monitoring systems for servers and network devices
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and support of Cisco CallManager VOIP cluster.
- Monitor and optimize server and application performance.
- Production of policy and procedure documents to support compliance initiatives
- Automate systems management through creative scripting and toolsets
- Advise on hardware utilization and recommend changes when necessary
- Monitor the health of our services, identify problems, find root cause and resolve
- Provide tier 3 escalation technical support to corporate users, which includes desktop support and resolving helpdesk issues for internal and remote employees
- Maintain vendor relationships and maintenance contracts for responsible systems and services
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for Personal Capital to take advantage of new technology
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator or Network Administrator over a wide variety of systems
- Experience with Cisco SwitchingRouting and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Significant experience administering Windows systems and having Linux/Unix experience is a plus.
- Experience with storage and virtualization implementations (AWS preferred)
- Strong Active Directory experience
- Application & OS security, including virus scan management
- Experience with management and monitoring tools (SNMP, Logic Monitor, or similar)
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting VOIP telephony (Cisco CallManager and/or SaaS preferred)
- Experience with SSOSAML integration and support
- Experience writing project proposals and managing projects.
- Experience automating tasks with scripting (e.g. PowerShell, WMI, ADSI, Perl, Python)
- Experience integrating, securing and supporting SaaS platforms
- Experience effectively managing multiple vendors with ability to drive issues to resolution in a timely manner
- Ability to learn quickly and tackle new and technically complex problems with courage and tenacity
- Must be able to work independently with minimal oversight and own all issues you take on from start to finish.
- Ability to troubleshoot and have experience with Microsoft AD, NAP, DFS, IIS, DHCP, DNS
- Must have demonstrated ability to assist with emerging problems quickly and with flexibility
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing needs and requirements
- Must be detail-oriented and be an organized thinker who is service-minded with strong communication & customer service skills
- Ability to lift 50lbs. as needed